Every time I hold back from giving love my body cramps. Each breath I take hurts.
You don’t reciprocate my efforts. Monotonous ‘I love yous’.
The cramps hurt my heart, in my womb, everywhere. But its the only way I stop the resentment.
Hold back. Hurt.
I should say, ‘I release you’ like Carol.
But I’d rather cry about our dying love and constantly check for double blue ticks and missed calls.
Why can’t you just let me mourn in peace. Let me go. Since you refuse to leave. Let me go.
Release me. I’m hurting
Click the image above to download this free wallpaper.
You cover the plant watering bottle. Your glittering fingernail glide through the golden palm leaves. With a loud sigh you sit beside the plant pot and sip pink yoghurt.
Questions float around with Cigarettes after Sex tunes.
Where do you go after love stops growing?
Were his ‘I love you’ convincing because they are true? Or do you really want to believe him? So your faith makes it true.
You sip and lick the silky sweetness. These questions pound your head, ache your heart for answers.
I’m lying on a new plush bed
in my warm room decorated as an
aroma therapeutic shrine
highlighted in soft golden glow.
Now, to pump up the music,
wear my crotchless lace thong,
drip cool watermelon lube,
make earth vibrating love to myself.
Great have you with me in 2020 Gem. Cheers to a new decade!
Click to see my 2019 Recap
Last book I got (as a gift from my Aunt) in 2019
Over 6,300 blog visits
• Published my first book, Stab Love With Flower Stalks
• Blogged flash stories, book reviews, opinion pieces, reading updates while at the Nigerian Law School.
• Read over 150 topics, Graduated Law School (2nd Class Upper) and got Called to Nigerian Bar.
• Content Creator for AkeFest19 and KabaFest19
• Performed 6 flash stories at Temmie Ovwasa Unleashed (I owe y’all videos and a review, forgive me!)
• Did a travel journal that kept you updated on my time at Yola, Abuja, Kaduna, Abia.
• Opened a Twitter account to share sex positivity; repost lit stories, poems and informative articles and more. I live tweeted for 2 literary festivals.
•Attended 3 literary festivals, ALitFest19 included.
• Photography skills improved tremendously.
• Promoted 2 books published by my friends and shouted out other creatives.
• Made new friends and expanded my network of creatives.
• Didn’t publish about 6 book reviews. Was too busy to participate in writing contests. Battled with anxiety that affected my Bookstagram consistency. Didn’t buy so many new books as I’d have liked. Low sales of my book. (check out #stablovewithflowerstalks on #okadabooks and BUY!)
Thank you for reading and making my 2019 spectacular Gem. I look forward to all the creative fun we’ll have this year.