Heyy Gem, welcome to February! My blogging break ends today! 2019 was a very creative year for me and progressive career wise. But also very hectic. I entered 2020 mentally exhausted. Although I published 3 flash stories I kept off my Instagram and WordPress.
This rest was needed. Apart from work and CDS stress; I’ve had time to introspect, reflect, do aromatherapy, rest and recharge. I’d have added tranquility but my neighbors dozen peacocks interrupt the silence with loud gawking, moans and scraping sounds. Hopefully I’ll introduce some of them to you.
I got out of my reading slum 2 days ago with Chef Cutegirl by Nicolette Dane. I’ve missed enjoying reading so I was delighted. I’d love to do a Life Update/ January Recap post. I’m still at Umuahia, Abia state for NYSC. Head over to my instastory to vote which post you want next!
Today I launched my Podcast, Call ‘it’ Something 🥳 Our first episode- MOVING IN TOGETHER is live. Here Mo and Amethyst discuss sex, relationships and self as a Queer woman living in Nigeria. I’m a co-host and we have biweekly episodes.
Give us a listen here! Get tips to help you decide to cohabit with your partner while maintaining your individuality.
Great have you with me in 2020 Gem. Cheers to a new decade!
Click to see my 2019 Recap
Last book I got (as a gift from my Aunt) in 2019
Over 6,300 blog visits
• Published my first book, Stab Love With Flower Stalks
• Blogged flash stories, book reviews, opinion pieces, reading updates while at the Nigerian Law School.
• Read over 150 topics, Graduated Law School (2nd Class Upper) and got Called to Nigerian Bar.
• Content Creator for AkeFest19 and KabaFest19
• Performed 6 flash stories at Temmie Ovwasa Unleashed (I owe y’all videos and a review, forgive me!)
• Did a travel journal that kept you updated on my time at Yola, Abuja, Kaduna, Abia.
• Opened a Twitter account to share sex positivity; repost lit stories, poems and informative articles and more. I live tweeted for 2 literary festivals.
•Attended 3 literary festivals, ALitFest19 included.
• Photography skills improved tremendously.
• Promoted 2 books published by my friends and shouted out other creatives.
• Made new friends and expanded my network of creatives.
• Didn’t publish about 6 book reviews. Was too busy to participate in writing contests. Battled with anxiety that affected my Bookstagram consistency. Didn’t buy so many new books as I’d have liked. Low sales of my book. (check out #stablovewithflowerstalks on #okadabooks and BUY!)
Thank you for reading and making my 2019 spectacular Gem. I look forward to all the creative fun we’ll have this year.